“Good For” is a program by our partner Sephora which highlights beauty products from their assortment in three different categories. Products are assigned one or more of the “Good For” labels when meeting the following criteria, defined by Sephora:
“Good for You”: at least 90% ingredients of natural origin, meeting the following criteria:
1. Formulated with minimum 90% ingredients of natural origin following the ISO 16128 or any other standard at least as restrictive
2. Formulated with maximum 1% of synthetic fragrance
3. Formulated without the following ingredients:
- preservatives as parabens
- cyclic silicones*, mineral oils and other petrolatum
- sulfates (SLS + SLES)
- talc**, BHA / BHT, triclosan, aluminum salts**, DEA/TEA/MEA/ETA, EDTA & derivatives, retinyl Palmitate, triclocarban, benzophenone and derivatives, methylchloroisothiazolinone & methylisothiazolinone, resorcinol.
* All silicones are absent from skincare formulas
** Ingredients absent only in skincare formulas - makeup products are not affected.
“Good for Vegan”: free of animal derived ingredients, meeting the following criteria:
1. Do not contain substances of animal origin, such as, carmin, beeswax, honey, royal jelly, marine collagen, lanolin, fish extract, musk, silk, gelatin, milk, keratin, etc.
2. Formula has not been tested on animals in accordance with the law.
3. Do not contain raw materials that have been tested on animals.
“Good for A Better Planet”: eco-designed packaging and/or sustainably-sourced ingredients meeting the following criteria:
1. Packaging with fully optimized weight, volumes, without unnecessary over pack, OR;
2. Recyclable or reusable packaging, OR;
3. Sustainably-Sourced Materials: Recycled content, sustainably-sourced fibers, renewable alternatives to fossil fuel based plastic, etc.